This is the BLADE RUNNER roleplaying game – a neon-noir wonderland that’ll take your breath away. One way or another. An evocative world of conflicts and contrasts that dares to ask the hard questions and investigate the powers of empathy, the poisons of fear, and the burdens of being human during inhumane times. An iconic and unforgiving playground of endless possibilities that picks you up, slaps you in the face, and tells you to wake up.
Time to live. Or time to die.
The official Blade Runner RPG will propel players into the streets of Los Angeles as Blade Runners with unique specialties, personalities – and memories.
The core game and its line of expansions pushes the boundaries of investigative gameplay in tabletop RPGs, giving players a range of tools to solve an array of cases far beyond retiring Replicants. Beyond the core casework, the RPG both in setting and mechanics showcases the key themes of Blade Runner – sci-fi action, corporate intrigue, existential character drama, and moral conflict – that challenge you to question your friends, empathize with your enemies, and explore the poisons and perseverance of hope and humanity during such inhumane times.
The rules of the game are based on the acclaimed Year Zero Engine, used in award-winning games such as the ALIEN RPG, Tales From the Loop and Forbidden Lands, but further developed and uniquely tailored for Blade Runner.
This boxed set contains everything you need to start playing BLADE RUNNER The Roleplaying Game:
- A 32-page condensed rulebook. The game mechanics are based on the acclaimed Year Zero Engine, but further developed and uniquely tailored for Blade Runner.
- The 56-page booklet Electric Dreams – the first full-length Case File for Blade Runners to crack.
- Four pre-generated characters to play.
- A huge full color map of Los Angeles in 2037 in format 864mm x 558mm.
- 26 full-color evidence handouts for the players to pore over, including crime scene photos, data files, documents, maps, and more.
- A custom manila envelope for the players to keep their evidence safe in.
- A Time Tracker Sheet.
- 70 high quality custom cards for non-player characters, chase maneuvers and obstacles, and initiative in combat.
- Eight engraved, transparent custom dice – two each of D6, D8, D10 and D12.